|Our immediate requirement is of Rs 1.61 Cr for 'Reconstruction of patients' Ward'
Sub : Request for financial aid for the reconstruction of a hospital ward in our Charitable Hospital at Vrindavan.
We convey our namaskars and hearty greetings to you all.
Ramakrishna Mission Sevashrama, Vrindaban, a branch centre of the world-wide organization Ramakrishna Mission, established by Swami Vivekananda has been running its services relentlessly for 109 years in this Holy Brajdham. This is the only place in this whole of province where the poor and distressed receive solace and support through our activities. It is through the support and strength of kind-hearted personalities like you our Sevashrama could successfully scale through this glorious time-stretch.
Our Charitable Hospital with 175 beds presently has 25 departments including 10 Dialysis machines, Blood Bank, etc. Radiology Department is equipped with three X-ray machines along with Digital X-Ray, Mammography and two Colour Doppler & Ultra Sound Machines, Endoscopy, Colonoscopy and a 32 Slices CT Scan Machine as well.
Some highlights of our achievements:
(Pl. click to the 'Short Annual Report' on the website for more details)
- 175 bedded charitable hospital offering treatment to the underprivileged poor and also pilgrims to Vrindaban. On average 1200 patients in the Out-door and 150 patients in the In-door departments every day.
- Mobile Medical Service in remote villages with free medicine distribution to 300-400 patients four times a week covering 4 remote villages. Regular Eye Camps are also held in the rural areas.
- A School of Nursing providing free General Nursing and Midwifery Diploma Course with Education, Board & Lodging Fully Free to under privileged girls from different states of India with 30 students intake per year
- Distribution of food materials for full month to 1600 poor widow mothers along with 150 T.B. patients and other physically challenged. Apart from this, all the poor destitute widow mothers and to all sadhus, poor men and women and children of Vraj Dham are provided medical treatment including medicines, investigations and surgeries - all at free of cost, in our Charitable Hospital.
- Two free coaching centres are held in slum areas which provide non-formal education and free medical treatment to 200 children with light refreshments in the afternoon. Monthly Health Check-up with remedial treatment is arranged monthly by Child Specialists and Ophthalmologists for the students of free coaching center.
- Diabetes detection and awareness campaign against the complications of diabetes by proper education and supply of free medicines & insulins at the base Hospital and in rural areas
- One Goshala with about 85 cows is maintained for providing nutritious milk to the patients at the hospital, nurses and staff.
Out of 175 beds in the Hospital, 150 beds are for meant for general ward patients who are provided with Free bed, diet, milk, medicines, doctors' & nurses' services.The private ward patients are also offered the same services except for the medicines and nominal room charges.
Apart from the above mentioned, all the patients treated in
OPD (Out Patient Dept.) receive FREE MEDICINES for 3 days
and the patients coming from rural areas are provided with FREE MEDICINES for 6 days. Last year, we have spent
Rs. 2,60,71,360/- towards distribution of free medicines to the poor and the needy.
All our activities and services are dependent exclusively upon the generous charity.
Geographical area of execution of the project & the reason for selecting this area:
Vrindavan, being a holy place, is also an under-developed area with very meagre health care facilities. Ramakrishna Mission Sevashrama is engaged in providing services in the health sector for more than a century and is a pioneer in the entire region covering the entire Mathura district, large part of Agra, Aligarh, Palwal and Hathras districts. Also, some patients from Uttarakhand, Bihar & Rajasthan and Delhi too visit our hospital for treatment.
Our Charitable Hospital is equipped with modern facilities with specialist and super-specialist doctors in various fields serving all through the year and thus giving solace to the poor patients who are otherwise deprived of these facilities in these areas.
OUR HUMBLE APPEAL
The present hospital building completed its construction way back in 1960 and was inaugurated by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the then Prime Minister of India. One of the Wards of the hospital is damaged due to the extreme climatic conditions prevailing in this region and is demanding heavy repairs often. Moreover, the present condition of this ward is precarious and may collapse any time. To avoid any unforeseen accidents, it has been proposed to reconstruct that ward while providing accommodation facility for some more patients to cope up with the increasing demand to serve patients in the hospital.
The cost of the entire construction is estimated to be Rs.1.61 crores. We admire your generosity towards the noble activities meant for the service of the society. It will be of immense help if you can kindly donate towards the reconstruction of this ward. You may extend your contribution either fully or partially towards the entire cost of the construction. We will be glad to name this ward as advised by you.
Objective & Targeted group of the Project:
The poor, distressed, widows, poor and helpless pilgrims of Vrindavan and other parts of this region.
Cost of reconstruction of a hospital ward -- Rs.1.61 crores
Responsibilities and authorities defines:
In order to ensure best utilization of grants, all the financial transactions are accounted through a computerized system with monastic-in-charge monitoring the entire process as per the prescribed norms and are audited by a statutory auditor periodically. All the purchases are monitored through a purchases department under the leadership of a monastic-in-charge who selects the seller based on various quotations collected to get the best price available in the market, either from the dealer or the manufacturer, and also by negotiating with them for extra discount towards the charitable cause.
Endorsement of CSR Hubs:
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) of the Government of India through its nodal agency Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA), New Delhi has enrolled the entire Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math including all their branch centres (including our 175 bed charitable hospital at Vrindavan) and units, as accredited CSR Implementing Agency in the prescribed field of operation vide Registration No. IA HUB Code-A000195 Date : 1909/04/20.
Apart from this Ramakrishna Mission Sevashrama, Vrindaban is also empanelled with the National CSR Hub of Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
We also invite your good self or your representative to visit our Sevashrama to see our activities, advise and encourage us.
We hope that our request will be favourably considered by your good self. Will be glad to meet you and clarify our submissions. Kindly grant us an appointment.
With namaskars once again to you all,
Yours in Sri Ramakrishna,